Friday, April 21, 2006

Is He, or Isn't He?


Here's a screen grab from the latest Who trailer, the one for (not tomorrow) the weekend after next. That sign next to Anthony Stewart Head is pretty damn unsubtle.

I SO hope it's true. He's playing a character, apparently, called 'The Headmaster' (or 'Mr. Finch'). Personally, if it's true, I can't think of anyone better for the part.

Back in November, he did an interview with SFX magazine...

SFX: Had you heard about the rumour in the newspapers that you were playing The Master…
ASH: [Shocked] No!! I love it when papers say things stridently, whether they're right or wrong.
SFX: So, who do you play in it?
ASH: I can't even remember the character's name. Now I'm on tour, all my energies are channelled into that. Hmm, I don't know how much I'm allowed to say. My name is stamped all over the script so if anybody ever gets the script, they know it comes from me!

Yeah, right, we'll see.

Apparently, it's actually all about shape changing aliens giving kids a mickey in their school dinners and keeping them sat in front of computers. Some kinda gargoyle jobbies called
'Krillitanes'. The teaser clips for Series Two showed these flying whatsit thingys (Krillitanes) in a school hall.

And Websites...

Geekily, and interstingly for this episode, the beeb have recently registered sarahjanesmith.org.uk, deffryvale.com (the school where this is all supposed to go on), deffryvale.co.uk, deffryvaleschool.org.uk, etc., but there are no websites there yet. They did some nice stuff last season last like this so fingers crossed for online conspiracy nonsense.

As a point, and as well as the stuff Daz and I found last year, there are a few new Who sites about for this, ongoing, season:
I hope Sarah gets a kinda 'journalists blog' thing, that'd be well funny.

A couple of others, non BBC, are
Flydale North (the constituency of 'Harriet Jones MP'), Powell Estate Tenants Association (the estate where Rose, Mickey and Jackie come from) and the forthcoming cyber-mungus Cybus Corporation (none of which really do a lot, but are nice to have out there causing trouble).

Cheers to Dave C for the pic.

Post a Comment