Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Web 2.0 Loveliness

I bloody love the internet.

I just spent, with their spanky uploader, a couple of hours faffing with my Flickr account. The Sunday Telegraph is running an article on Katie Fford and they wanted some pics of the boat, so I found myself trawling old images looking for stuff to mail them on Katies behalf. This put me in mind of Flickr.

It's been a while since I went and had a play with their interface, which is a discrace considering I'm supposed to be lecturing in
Interactivity at Derby Uni this year, and it's a thing of total beauty. I really must get arround to signing up for a full account and using it more. Dexter, and other mates, have some stunning stuff up on the site and it's a great avenue for thier art that, only 5 years ago, would likely have never been seen by such a diverse audience. I've been a bit too occupied with YouTube and the like of late, and not given Flickr the attention it deserves.

Just out of interest, here's my top 10 web 2.0 sites (or the ones I use the most) - Blogger (I guess), Last.FM (music goodness), YouTube (ya know, movies), eBay (which is 2.0 I guess), Wikipedia (my 1st info stop), Digg (news I give a shit about), del.icio.us, stumbleupon, BitTorrent (yeah, well, ya know), and Upcoming. Some I give more attention than others. Okay, a lot of the above I view through RSS (Sage, in Firefox) but I still check them constently for changes and it's that kind of info delivery I need from that kind of site.

Actually, Seth has a good list, by visitor, of what's hot and what's not in the world of web 2.0: HERE. Can you tell I'm starting to get lecture notes together ;-)

I bloody love the internet.

Post a Comment