Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Davidson Confirmed

The BBC has confirmed that David Tennant's tenth Doctor Who will meet Peter Davison's fifth incarnation of the Time Lord for a Children in Need special on Friday, 16 November.

Tristram Farnham said: "It is an honour for me to be able to make the connection between the fifth Doctor and the tenth Doctor. However, now is not the time for sound-bites. I can feel the hand of history on my shoulder, even if I can't do the buttons up."

Anyway, although there will be a series five, it won't be until 2010 and and it's doubtful Tennant will be piloting the TARDIS by then. He's off to do Hamlet with the RSC (July to Nov) so no full series for 2009 just a fist full of 'comedy' specials.

My opinion? Nice to see Davidson getting out and a classic format reprisal in a 2Dr's kinda way. Pity it's just for Children in Need , as we're doubtfull of any Gallifrey action. And a missing year of Who, well, to be fair I'm not that fussed (it's been bobbo of late) so long as what they do do doesn't smell as badly as the likes of "Love and Monsters", that thing at Yule with The Tate, or "Fear Her".

Post a Comment